What's new

I'd like to share some material...

Hi,
What a great list!
I have started a website with printable flashcards and audio files for Japanese learners.
minna san zehi goran kudasai!

Link is in my sig as I can't post links yet!

An amazing site for Japanese learners

This site is an amazing resource for learning Japanese: 👍

Learn Japanese on the Web

It has texts in Kanji, Kana and Romaji + vocabulary and many have audio.

Sorry if it was posted before. :)

No problem. :) I saw the link on the 1st page (among many others) later on but I think it's worth highlighting.

Language modules and Jplang are a Japanese e-learning system hosted by Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
The modules are provided in English/French/simplified and traditional Chinese/Korean/Russian/Turkish now.
And Jplang in English, Chinese and Japanese for now.

TUFS Language Modules
Jplang

hi this one is full with various textbooks you can download and videos, including the new "erin ga choosen nihongo dekimasu" (drama style) and the much older but still the best video lesson out there "yan and the japanese people".

I learned fast and a lot with the last one.

enjoy

Software to learn Kanji? (not web sites)

Hello BrunuoH, hello everybody
Is there any software package that I can buy to learn Kanji? Can you recommend a good package?
(I learn better with software than with books. And I travel a lot. Accessing the Internet in certain countries was quite expensive. Software would be ideal for me)
My Japanese teacher told me that she knows only of ツ"Kanji Momentsツ" 1 and 2, which is no longer available in the shops
Please advise
Thanks
Dara

If you had a Nintendo DS you could get some kanji game for that. I've heard of lots of people using it to study kanji. I haven't actually used it, though, so I can't really comment on its quality. Other than that the only thing I can suggest is seeing if Jim Breen's WWWJDIC is downloadable, or checking into NJStar (I think it has a dictionary, but it's been a while since I used it).

Thank you

Thank you all. For Kanji Gold. For Nintendo. I've goth both . More recommendations for learner's of Kanji?
Thank you again

This list is just great...I'm new here and I can't believe the wealth of information in this site....I feel better now about learning Japanese....

That is a great list!! Thank you for posting this!

I have "My Japanese Coach" for the Nintendo DS and it is great for beginners. There are lots of lessons here on sentence structure, how to ask questions, hiragana (as far as I got so far), days of the week, Months, numbers. I swear by it because I downloaded a DS emulator and the rom for free lol. I've learned more in a day than I have in 6 months using various Japanese language books. Having a dictionary is good too. Once you learn how to make sentences and learn to read and write, you can teach yourself the kanji for words and even teach yourself new words to broaden your vocabulary. I'll give you the link for the rom if you want, the emulator isn't hard to find, I use "Ideas".

Last edited:
I have also found a pretty good website for those who would like some real interaction with Japanese people.

Errr...what I mean is that basically you write a text in any language you are learning and native speakers (or sometimes learners such as myself in the case of english) correct you.

There is no limit to the languages you wish to have corrected afaik and you can also get corrections on French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Korean,etc.

What I like about this site is that it's pretty reactive and there's quite a community of Japanese people on it. I obtain on average 10-12 answers for every post I make (Which means I make tons of errors duh...:() within 24 hours.

Give it a try and rep me what you think about it 👍 (J/K)
Lang-8

Still I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

The first site is awesome. Seems to explain itself very well. Im going to begin my studies with this website.

jisho.org - dictionary based on Jim Breen's WWWJDIC. I use it because of very convenient interface.

Jisho.org also has a very useful feature when writing kana. It is possible to write romaji in the 'japanese' field and it will convert it to hiragana.

maybe a sticky should be done harvesting the urls and updated.

here are two that i reallyliked at first sight

1. h**p:// wwwpopjisyo . com/ (web to practice reading with nice pop tips)
2. h**p:// wwwyakugo . com/ (another web dictionary)

Heres a cool little kanji-learning helper add-on to firefox, its called kanji-lish.
It basically turns the first letter of certain words into the kanji that has the meaning of that word.

ie. Write --> ツ鞘?腕ite

Its interesting, im still trying it out, but i thought id post a link to it here! 🙂

Kanji-lish~

The plugin looks very interesting, thanks for sharing

... no one about making a sticky about URLs and updating the dead ones ??

thanks

Does anyone know of any sites that contain audio files with clear cut native male speakers, it seems like most of the sites I go to have either female speakers or male speakers with bad audio...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom