Looking for family history

Discussion in 'Japan People Search' started by M. Takei, Mar 13, 2018.

1. M. Takei

M. Takei Registered

Hello,

I am looking to trace my partner's history as a gift for him. His last name Takei 武井 is obscure and I've only traced them back to the first generation who left Japan. They were from Yamaguchi prefecture according to their immigration papers. But I can't seem to find any from that region and we can't travel there to search in the next few years.

Does anyone have any idea about the name Takei from that region? I'm looking for people or even just a Kamon to give us something to start with.

Thank you

2. Toritoribe

Toritoribe 禁漁期
    Staff Member Moderator

Isn't more detailed information on the paper, for instance full name of his ancestor(s) or their full address? It would be impossible to search it just by the family and prefecture name (武井 is not so common, but not so rare, either). In other words, if you have these information, you can contact the city hall, and might be able to get their family register(koseki) just like her case below.
    Need help finding my family's Koseki! - translation | Japan Forum