Question Looking for ricefield near or in Shiga Prefecture

Discussion in 'Japan Practical' started by Euro Añez, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Euro Añez

Euro Añez Registered

First, Hi everybody, i´m new in this forum, nice to meet you all, sorry if my english is a bit sloppy, but i don´t pratice it quite offten, sooooo... thats that. Now, to the point.

It´s just like the tittle stated, i´m looking for ricefields/farms nearby to, or in Shinga Prefecture, i´m working in a book, and a location like this is just to important for the progress of the book, i need a tonw, villague, city, whatever where you can own and work a rice farm, soooo.... can some guide me for this regions for my book, please.... :emoji_smile:

2. Toritoribe

Toritoribe 禁漁期
    Staff Member Moderator

Shiga prefecture, not Shinga.
    There are countless rice fields there, as same as other prefectures. What do you mean by "whatever where you can own and work a rice farm"? Do you want to work there?

3. Euro Añez

Euro Añez Registered

My bad about Shiga, thanks for the correction, and not, i´m not looking for work, but i´m lookin for a location name, they are quite hard to find. Is for my book, about.... half of the plot takes place in a ricefarm, sooo... i need a name of a town, city, village; to place it in the map and investigated everything i can about the zone. If you know something like that in the prefectures surrounding Shiga, it would be really nice, but if is inside Shiga, it would be best located at the opposite site of Otsu, in fact; it can´t be located nearby to Otsu, it ain´t gonna work for my book.

4. Toritoribe

Toritoribe 禁漁期
    Staff Member Moderator

Here are the names of the adjoining cities, towns and village of Shiga prefecture.

Fukui prefecture
    cities

Obama
    Tsuruga
    towns
    Ōi
    Wakasa
    Mihama
    Minamiechizen

Gifu prefecture
    city

Ōgaki
    towns
    Sekigahara
    Ibigawa

Mie prefecture
    cities

Inabe
    Yokkaichi
    Suzuka
    Kameyama
    Iga
    town
    Komono

Kyoto prefecture
    cities

Nantan
    Kyoto
    Uji
    towns
    Ujitawara
    Wazuka
    village
    Minamiyamashiro

And here's the names of the cities and towns in Shiga prefecture.
    Shiga Prefecture - Wikipedia

There are rice fields in any places, even in the capital city Kyoto or Ōtsu. You can use the one you like.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Euro Añez

Euro Añez Registered

Thanks for the info, that reduce my search a lot, still, need to investigated them. See you next time :emoji_smile: