What's new

May 2: hide memorial day

I heard somewhere that Marilyn Mansion and hide were friends or something...o.0 Why am I so scared? xDDD

mizerable_d said:
i really like rocket dive XDDDDDDDDD hide looks so cool in there

More cute than anything really 😌

Horizon said:
Yesh! Yesh we can! Plus, we could...Do...Use...Them...For...Different...I'm going to stop there. Chilly...-shivers-

Teehee! 😌

Ahhhh! Yesh, yesh! You'd be perfect, althouigh I have NO clue who that dude is! xD Don't kill me! -"hydes"-
*sarcasm* Hmm... I don't know where you were going with that first statement... XDDDD

I'll try to find a picture. I'm pretty sure I posted one on here somewhere. very pretty english guy. He speaks pretty good French but very orgasmic like. 😄

pinkkillerkisou said:
*sarcasm* Hmm... I don't know where you were going with that first statement... XDDDD

I'll try to find a picture. I'm pretty sure I posted one on here somewhere. very pretty english guy. He speaks pretty good French but very orgasmic like. 😄

-all innocent looking- Of course not...-whistles innocently-

Yayness! Hurry, woman, hurry! xDDD

Illaparatzo-sama said:
Boy, I'd hate to know where you get your facts from.

I just hope it isn't your *** like I think it is.

No, actually, I get them from other people and even websites from time to time, hence the entire "apparently" thing that always accompanies anything I say or type about something that could or could not be true.

Yea... they are gonna close it down. There's a petition you can sign to keep it up but I don't know how/where you can sign.

I'm not sure. I'm looking for more info now. It is very disrespectful... to think there are all sorts of museums where insane people try to prove that aliens landed on earth and crap like that and no one closes them down.

It makes me very upset.

aliens vs. Hide:
Hide: bang bang boooom! I'll shoot you down!
Aliens: *dies*

See: They simply CAN'T close that museum down!!!! Hide did soo much for the scene in Japan, he was a musical genious and a great guitarrist as well as a singer. He's a LEGEND!!!! I must find info on this closing down his museum... *starts to look*

Ok I did some research and here's what I found...

The land where the museum was built was only supposed to be leased for three years (it was built in 2000) but they extended the lease to 5 years. I believe one September 25th (don't quote me) this year is when the lease officially expires. That is why they are closing the museum... the lease is expiring.

Oh that sucks! But... Spetember 25th.. wait... yatta! I'll be able to go there before they close it! But still.. I really think they're making a big mistake by closing it. It's like a national treasure! :? Anyways, it's important and that's what I'm trying to say! XD

Really... I may be going to Taiwan and Japan this summer. When are you going? I hope I can see it before it closes.

...also someone mentioned that something like 90% of his possessions are there and maybe it's a good thing they are closing it down. He may not have wanted his personal items exploited. Still I would like a chance to see.

I guess... maybe his personal stuff should be protected more.. .*thinks about the guitarr with hearts on it* .. but I still wanna see it..

I'm going to Tokyo in June and staying till July, about a month. *dies from happiness* Really, when are you going? Taiwan.. I'm doing a school work about Taiwan :eek: Why are you going there?

Yea... everything is out on display. I saw pictures. You can get real close to the stuff.

90% that's alot of stuff. Think of everything you own. Would you like all of that out in the open for everyone to see? Maybe they are right... but perhaps a smaller museum with less stuff would be a better idea than completely closing it.

Really... I'm not sure exactly when I am going. My cousin is coming in town this weekend... but I am leaving town this weekend. :eek: So I'll have to wait to talk to him about it. He is going to Taiwan to meet his girlfriends family and then to Japan after... everyone in the family know I want to go to Japan. They said he would enjoy my company since he is going alone at first. Everyone is like we'll pay for you. Hell yea... like I could turn down a free trip to Japan. Once I get there I won't want to impose on the whole meeting the family thing so I'll run off and sight-see and stuff to stay out of everyone's hair and enjoy myself. Hopefully they are not getting my hopes up for nothing or play a mean trick. that would be terrible... I would die 😭

aw i wont be able to go anywhere until like the summer after this one... T____T not fair... but the museum IS like national treasure... T_T

I'll take you if you can fit in my suitcase? ...haha.

Yea... *sniff* I still think a smaller permanent museum would be a good idea. They have hundreds of Elvis ones and other people I don't give half a sh*t about... why not 1 hide museum. I know it's business... but it seems to complete trample on his memory.

something i found about his funeral
but i cant find anything about mm singing

Over 25,000 people attended his funeral at a Buddhist temple in Tokyo on May 7, 1998. Streets in Tokyo were closed off, and police sent boats, helicopters, 100 officers, and 170 security guards to the temple to deal with the emotional crowd. By the end of the first day, twenty-six people had been hospitalised. CNN did a piece on hide's funeral. Apparently, hide's music didn't reach America, but his heartbroken fans made enough noise to get across the ocean.

The New York Times ran the following obituary on May 18, 1998: DIED. HIDETO MATSUMOTO, 33, idolized, ultra-punk former lead guitarist of the defunct group X Japan, after hanging himself; in Tokyo. Following a decade of eclat with the rockers, who broke up in December, "hide" pursed a solo career to the rapture of fans, 25,000 of whom thronged to his funeral. The grieving swarm formed a line more than 2 km long to lay flowers. Though former band members pleaded with fans not to copy the suicide, by week's end at least three had decided they could not live without him.

When being interview by the Canadian press about 'what the big deal' was, Mayumi Meguro, a 21 year old who took the day off for the funeral service, only had this to say: "I can't believe he's dead."

hide's death did not only affect his fans. Even after X Japan stopped making music, hide and Yoshiki had been planning to work together again, some time around 2000. hide had many other friends and projects in the industry, with J of Luna Sea, Hisashi of GLAY, Marilyn Manson... his Zilch album was remixed by well-known artists such as Lords of Acid, Ministry, Beck, and Nine Inch Nails. He had unfinished projects with Zilch and Spread Beaver, and planned tours with both Spread Beaver and Manson. In short, his death left the musical world in complete shock. Many rockers (including Manson) dyed their hair pink in hide's honour. The band Oblivion Dust's song Future Womb was dedicated to hide. A bunch of artists got together and created a tribute album called Spirits. At hide's funeral, Yoshiki and Toshi got together for the last time to perform a tear-filled version of Forever Love, a beautiful X ballad.

Which is completely understandable. I wouldn't want Marilyn Manson singing at my funeral (besides from the fact that I just don't like him). His music and way of singing isn't really...Appropriate, ne? 😌

Back
Top Bottom