What's new

MEXT Scholarship for Postgraduate 2012: General Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am new to this board.
I am from Slovakia and I will be taking my MEXT research student written examination next Monday :)

So I was wondering, if you have any suggestions about the written examinations. I looked the practical tests in English over and they were rather interesting. Mostly the part which asked us to find in underlined text mistakes. I hope I am not too bold to ask if this type of exercise was on the examination.

Thanks a lot :)
See you around.

Mell

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board.
I am from Slovakia and I will be taking my MEXT research student written examination next Monday :)

So I was wondering, if you have any suggestions about the written examinations. I looked the practical tests in English over and they were rather interesting. Mostly the part which asked us to find in underlined text mistakes. I hope I am not too bold to ask if this type of exercise was on the examination.

Thanks a lot :)
See you around.

Mell
Hello Ms Mell,
I would like to say that I took the exam already in Egypt and I wish yours will not be different from that we took in the last of May.. In any case the exam include that kind of question and I think it is easier than that in the last year models so please try not to be upset when I took the last year one I found different hurdles , but I did not met that in this year exam so please do all your best and I wish all success for you
Good Luck and please if you want to know anything just ask and I will return back to you if I had the answer
Regard`s
Sherif

Hello Ms Mell,
I would like to say that I took the exam already in Egypt and I wish yours will not be different from that we took in the last of May.. In any case the exam include that kind of question and I think it is easier than that in the last year models so please try not to be upset when I took the last year one I found different hurdles , but I did not met that in this year exam so please do all your best and I wish all success for you
Good Luck and please if you want to know anything just ask and I will return back to you if I had the answer
Regard`s
Sherif

Hey thanks for replying

I have a question to ask: do you think that all the written examinations are the same for all countries? :?

That's the point.

Dont thez have a standardized test for all the embasies to use? I am confused. Does anyone know this? :?

Shenoo dont worry. I will let you know how it went. Anyways if you have any more insight suggestions for the examination I will e happy if you shared.

back from interview!

Hello everyone!

Back from interview! Was so nervous! I think Manila still has interviews tomorrow... so good luck to all the lurkers out there!

For the others, I'll be messaging again regarding what happened to me during the interview. Gotta do some report writing for now.

Sige you guys!

Hi , , ,
Have the interview results been announced in any country according the supposed schedule ???

Hello everyone,
Just received my results - I passed the interview stage as well! :) Apparently I'm near the top of the list (they wouldn't tell me about the detailed ranking though), so I have this question: what are the odds of MEXT Tokyo still saying no in December? I already have my professors, though of course I still need to send out the forms and receive admission from the universities.

They tell me that usually at this point getting the scholarship is pretty much certain, but do they compare results with people from other countries, or is there any other reason why they could say no? (besides financial and what have you) I know that with the Japanese Studies one MEXT often says no, even though your country's embassy has recommended you.

Anyone who's been at this stage got any experience to share??

Thanks!

Hello everyone,
Just received my results - I passed the interview stage as well! :) Apparently I'm near the top of the list (they wouldn't tell me about the detailed ranking though), so I have this question: what are the odds of MEXT Tokyo still saying no in December? I already have my professors, though of course I still need to send out the forms and receive admission from the universities.

They tell me that usually at this point getting the scholarship is pretty much certain, but do they compare results with people from other countries, or is there any other reason why they could say no? (besides financial and what have you) I know that with the Japanese Studies one MEXT often says no, even though your country's embassy has recommended you.

Thanks!
BBtart sann,

I've just finished my interview yesterday, but I haven't started approaching the professors yet.
May I know if you contacted the profs before your interview or after?
Do you need some sort of proof to prove that you've been accepted by Mext, or currently participating in Mext selection when you contacted the profs?
It'll be greatly appreciated if you can explain some details of how you approached the professors in Japan..
1) Did you send all your information on the first email, or just a brief introduction of yourself?
2) Did you write all in Japanese? I heard some profs would appreciate English emails over Japanese.
3) How long did it you to convince them to let you in their labs?
4) Did it involve phone interviews? How did they challenge your qualifications?
5) How long did it take before you were notified whether you passed the interview stage or not?

Thank you so much!

1) Did you send all your information on the first email, or just a brief introduction of yourself?
2) Did you write all in Japanese? I heard some profs would appreciate English emails over Japanese.
3) How long did it you to convince them to let you in their labs?
4) Did it involve phone interviews? How did they challenge your qualifications?
5) How long did it take before you were notified whether you passed the interview stage or not?
Thank you so much!
Hi mokstar,
1.) I knew one of the professors before I even applied for the scholarship, I met her last year when I was in Japan. Her researching the same topic as me was what actually prompted me to apply for the scholarship. The other two I simply contacted via email, no phonecalls.
2.) My research is all in Japanese, so of course I wrote to them in Japanese and sent my research plan attached with the first email. No English was used. :) I didn't really need to convince the ones who said yes, though of course there were some who rejected me with various reasons (usually retirement or not researching the same field).
3.) They didn't ask for any proof, of course one of them I know personally, but even the ones I've never met agreed without me sending anything related to the application. (I think most of the profs know about MEXT and the process, so they are used to people contacting them out of the blue.)They just asked me to contact them again when I passed the interview stage. Hopefully they haven't changed their mind yet, haha. :)
4.) I had my interview last Tuesday, so results were out in exactly a week! Pretty quick!
ps: Since I did all the emailing in Japanese, I don't really know how it is with sending emails in English, sorry. :( Also, my topic is Linguistics, nothing scientific to need a lab or facilities for, so they probably went easier on me because of this. Hope I was of some help still!

Hi mokstar,
1.) I knew one of the professors before I even applied for the scholarship, I met her last year when I was in Japan. Her researching the same topic as me was what actually prompted me to apply for the scholarship. The other two I simply contacted via email, no phonecalls.
2.) My research is all in Japanese, so of course I wrote to them in Japanese and sent my research plan attached with the first email. No English was used. :) I didn't really need to convince the ones who said yes, though of course there were some who rejected me with various reasons (usually retirement or not researching the same field).
3.) They didn't ask for any proof, of course one of them I know personally, but even the ones I've never met agreed without me sending anything related to the application. (I think most of the profs know about MEXT and the process, so they are used to people contacting them out of the blue.)They just asked me to contact them again when I passed the interview stage. Hopefully they haven't changed their mind yet, haha. :)
4.) I had my interview last Tuesday, so results were out in exactly a week! Pretty quick!
ps: Since I did all the emailing in Japanese, I don't really know how it is with sending emails in English, sorry. :( Also, my topic is Linguistics, nothing scientific to need a lab or facilities for, so they probably went easier on me because of this. Hope I was of some help still!
Thank you so much for your input, BBtart san.

Anxious

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

I am in the same situation as you. Still waiting for the final answer.
I believe that all that's left for us is pray.
Did you get any information since you first asked for experience sharing??

regards

Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum. Glad to know that there is one for MEXT scholarships!
I have applied for the scholarship and passed the first screening. I am waiting for the second one now and I am quite impatient. I didn't get any news since the moment of receiving the letter of acceptance and submitting it to the embassy.
Did anyone receive anything? What about this time waiting, could anyone from previous years advice me what to prepare for?
Any suggestion is more than welcomed,
Thanks!

Greetings from Pakistan
I'm current enrolled as an architecture student in Pakistan approaching my last undergraduate thesis year. I was looking for admissions in the Tokyo Institute of Technology particularly in the International Graduate Program. This particular program is called the 'Architecture Core Educational Program: International Collaboration in Architecture and Urban Design'
I wanted to ask if anyone is planning to apply for a MEXT scholarship for this particular program for 2013 batch? And for people who already have applied this year I really want to know how exactly we should approach an academic advisor. I mean what should we ask him and how will the university nominate us for the MEXT scholarship? I've been to japan once in my life and that was last year in the summers. I literally fell in love with Tokyo, I even visited their Okoyama campus. Their admission office team was really helpful and friendly.
I had a nice experience and thereby decided to pursue my higher education from this university. Can anyone please be kind enough to guide me how should I proceed with the admission process because I hardly have people here in my country who can guide me through this process. Waiting anxiously for your replies. Thank you :D

p.s And also does anyone know any future prospects for the international students who complete their degree from there? are there any employment opportunities for architects who don't have a command over the japanese language? are there any international firms willing to hire these graduates?

Fawad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom