What's new

Need a Kanji Translated? Just ask!

Names do undergo changes sometimes in transitioning from Japanese to Chinese. One reason is that some Japanese names aren't written in kanji, while Chinese is always written in kanji. Names 1-3 and 5 could be several things in Japanese. 4 and 6 are nothing. If you tell us the name of the manga, maybe we can come up with something.

Names do undergo changes sometimes in transitioning from Japanese to Chinese. One reason is that some Japanese names aren't written in kanji, while Chinese is always written in kanji. Names 1-3 and 5 could be several things in Japanese. 4 and 6 are nothing. If you tell us the name of the manga, maybe we can come up with something.

Oooh, I see. I didn't know that! The comic is "Behind Master" by Akira Sakamoto. I was trying to find out the japanese names for the characters. I tried to look it up online, too, but I didn't find many sites on it and the ones I did find were mostly in Japanese so I had no idea what was being said.

Well, I guess whatever names might sound good / cool for 1-3 and 5 maybe, if possible T_T;? They're all guys.

I'm sorry for all the trouble! Thanks!

There is outstandingly little information about this comic on the internet.

佐助 is definitely Sasuke and he's based on the legendary figure Sasuke Sarutobi (as is the Sasuke from Naruto).
清海 could be pronounced as Kiyoumi or Kiyomi as a surname, or possibly Seikai (not specified first/last male/female).
美和 could probably be Mikazu or Yoshikazu as a male name.
叶 as a surname could be Ie, Kano, Kyou, Yasu or You

Kanji are much easier to read in Chinese, aren't they? :emoji_blush:
This is a long shot, but if you should happen to have a copy of the book in Japanese, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find out how their names are pronounced.

There is outstandingly little information about this comic on the internet.
佐助 is definitely Sasuke and he's based on the legendary figure (as is the Sasuke from Naruto).
清海 could be pronounced as Kiyoumi or Kiyomi as a surname, or possibly Seikai (not specified first/last male/female).
美和 could probably be Mikazu or Yoshikazu as a male name.
叶 as a surname could be Ie, Kano, Kyou, Yasu or You
Kanji are much easier to read in Chinese, aren't they? 😌
This is a long shot, but if you should happen to have a copy of the book in Japanese, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find out how their names are pronounced.
Oh my gosh, thank you so so so much! Yeah, I was shocked at how little there was online about it...especially since the art is incredible and the story is really good from what I've seen so far. Unfortunately I only have the Chinese version of the manga.
Oooh, one other name I was wondering about was
黑木
if it's even a possible name in Japanese ^_^;.
Thank you again so much T_T!!

That last one would be Kuroki, Kurogi, or Kurogu, all three surnames or place names. Looks like Kuroki is the most common reading.

Yaay!! You are so awesome T_T! Thank you thank you thank you!

Hahaha, it's so weird that this Sasuke is supposed to be based on the same character as the Sasuke in Naruto...they're so completely different ^_^;

Thank you so much again for your help!

Hi I'm new to this forum, i came across it while double checking the kanji for a tattoo i want. I wanted to get the kanji for "Nintai" as i understand it to mean patience/perseverance towards reaching your goals and well my dad committed suicide last march and so he could fight towards his goals i guess. and i sometimes have to remind myself to have the patience to reach a goal so i thought having this tattoo would be a nice way to remind my dad by and to remind myself not to end up that way. the thing is i came across two very similar ways of "writing" in the kanji and i wanted to make sure they were correct. I know kanji don't have to look 100% the same to mean the same as there are different writing styles. but i just started learning Japanese so I don't know if this is too big a difference:

589129697_b38f30b2f7_m.jpg

I like the one on the left better but since it has 2 dots on the inside of the top kanji in stead of one on the outside and one and the inside, I'm just not sure its the same and with kanji if your a newbie like me I don't think you can never be careful enough. Also my bro wants to get the word "honor" which i understand to be meiyo and to be this in kanji:

589129707_b29022777d_m.jpg

Please let me know if they are correct and if not, why they are not. And my apologies for the length of the post..

The left "nintai" is Japanese-style and the right one is Chinese-style. But the left one is sloppy and ugly and the right one is highly pixellated.

Meiyo does mean "honor" but it means honor in the sense of "good reputation," not "righteousness."

I'd type a bit more, but it's bedtime for me.

Well they're the best pics I could find and well as i said I'm just learning so I wouldn't trust my own Japanese kanji writing skills just yet. but of course ill have them change the font a bit to where its more mine that something i just got of the internet, and maybe add some shading. But i think the meiyo one is what my bro wanted with honor, as in honor of reputation like with the samurai and combat and stuff. And thanks for the quick reply 🙂:

Can anyone translate this tattoo for me? The artist made an error in one of the strokes, and I'm contemplating how to change or fix the tattoo, based on what it currently means. Thanks!

Attachments

• tat2.jpg
    tat2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 198
It looks like it's drawn pretty well, but it's an odd thing to see on its lonesome. It means mix or mingle.

Maybe you could add to the tattoo and make it 性交.
PS: Absolutely do not modify the tattoo to say 性交.

It looks like it's drawn pretty well, but it's an odd thing to see on its lonesome. It means mix or mingle.

Maybe you could add to the tattoo and make it 性交.
PS: Absolutely do not modify the tattoo to say 性交.

What do each of those say?

Could it be made to say Sex Kitten? :emoji_flushed:

What do each of those say?
Could it be made to say Sex Kitten? 😊
They both mean the same thing: sex.

I don't know if there is a word for "sex kitten" or not....the first thing that comes to mind is 痴女, but somehow I think that's not the same....:p

(痴女 means..um..a woman who's kind of sexually perverted)

Well, although not something out of a dictionary, it would be 'Sex Cat' - like a coined nickname.
Yeah, but....

I think we'd need a native speaker to help out if that would make any sense at all. My instinct is that it wouldn'T make any sense. Perhaps I'm looking at it too literally, but I find that's the best way forward when unsure about things like this.

(痴女 means..um..a woman who's kind of sexually perverted)

Oh, well I'll get that one then! 😊

It certainly can. In fact, it would rhyme very well in both Japanese and Chinese if it were modified to Sex Cat: 性交猫 =P

Could that be written vertically, as well, and still be the same thing? Assuming it makes sense, as Mikawa is concerned about.

Is there a native speaker on the board who could verify?

Last edited:
性交猫 means NOTHING in Japanese.

It would be like "broomstick canvas heart" or something... It has no meaning. You'd only be laughed at.

Be careful.

Could that be written vertically, as well, and still be the same thing?
Well, if written in the right direction, it's the same vertically or horizontally.

'Sex Cat' was a light-hearted attempt to match 'sex kitten' literally, which happened to rhyme. So as I said, it's like a coined nickname.

As for 'making sense' in a strict sense, you'd better get a phrase out of a Japanese dictionary that includes ナ津ー.

交誼 or 交宜 (kougi) , which means friendship perhaps?

Seems you're on of those people who got owned by f'ed up tattoos. :unsure:

Hi could somebody help me?
Does this mean "Kashipan"
菓子パン?
(i really hope it doesn't mean anything kinky or something^^)

But i also want to tell something funny:
A guy from my school has a shirt with kanji on it and some day he asked our japanese teacher what those kanji mean and the meaning was: bureau of exchange ^^

funny, isn't it?

bye

Back
Top Bottom