What's new

Need a word or phrase translated?

Need a word or phrase translated? Feel free to ask.

Many bilingual people on this forum would be more than happy to help beginners with questions about Japanese vocabulary. Even grammar questions.

What word or phrase would anyone like translated into Japanese or English?

Hi I have a phrase my children (18/20) want us to all have tattooed but I want to confirm what it says before we do it. Can you help translate for me? Thank you very much for your time

Attachments

• tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 119
Hi I have a phrase my children (18/20) want us to all have tattooed but I want to confirm what it says before we do it. Can you help translate for me? Thank you very much for your time

What do you think it says and what do you want it to say? The image is an incomplete sentence.

My sons think it means - No matter how far apart we are we're still under the same sky. But I don't trust that until someone more knowledgable confirms

Been a while.
I've been asked to translate a scene, and it's only the last sentence I've not found a way to write out yet.
Character C just walked in on Character A and B alone. So, teasing if it's a date, A and B are just confused, but the last line character C says? Is he saying something like "It's exciting with you two alone"? Lord I'm a mess any help would be great. <3
"C:こんな夜更けにデートですかぁ?
A:...ん?
B:...何だ?
C:何だ、じゃねーよ。二人だけで盛り上がりやがって。"

Been a while.
I've been asked to translate a scene, and it's only the last sentence I've not found a way to write out yet.
Character C just walked in on Character A and B alone. So, teasing if it's a date, A and B are just confused, but the last line character C says? Is he saying something like "It's exciting with you two alone"? Lord I'm a mess any help would be great. <3

Fansub?

Are you familiar with the ~やがる suffix?

My sons think it means - No matter how far apart we are we're still under the same sky. But I don't trust that until someone more knowledgable confirms

Basically, yes, although parts of that expression are implied, rather than stated. Based on a brief web search I did, the original expression seems to be "No matter how far apart (we are), we are all tied together under the same sky." The calligraphic text in your attachment leaves off the "no matter how far apart" and "tied together" parts, and so reads something along the lines of "all of us under the same sky".

By the way, I came across what appears to be the web page of this specific item, from the artist herself, on the deviantart website. In case it might be of any use to you, here you go:

Bokura wa Onaji Sora no.... by KisaragiChiyo on DeviantArt

If you read through the comments on this deviantart page, you can see (about 2/3 of the way into the comments section) that the artist acknowledges that she added words to the English translation that don't appear in the Japanese version. In Japanese, though, it is common to omit text which can be inferred, so I don't think this is such a problem.

Hello. I need help from you! I hope that some of you can help me translate these words(?) in photos into English. Thank you a lot already!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170407-093322.png
    Screenshot_20170407-093322.png
    511.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20170407-093343.png
    Screenshot_20170407-093343.png
    548.6 KB · Views: 109
Been a while.
C is criticizing they are exciting only with the two.

Hello. I need help from you! I hope that some of you can help me translate these words(?) in photos into English. Thank you a lot already!
Don't you have another picture?

C is criticizing they are exciting only with the two.

Don't you have another picture?
As in, ' it's not fair only the two of them are excited', or 'it's exciting with just the two of them', or something else?
I'm sorry, I'm sure this is simpler and doesn't need further clarification, but I can't figure out a natural way to say it in English!

As in, ' it's not fair only the two of them are excited', or 'it's exciting with just the two of them', or something else?
I'm sorry, I'm sure this is simpler and doesn't need further clarification, but I can't figure out a natural way to say it in English!

We would probably use sarcasm.

I'm trying to traslate the name on the back of this Kabuki mask and the label on the box, but I don't even know if the box is rightside up! Thank you for any help in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 98
That's a Kagura mask, not Kabuki.

無形文化財
Intangible Folk Cultural Property

備中神楽面
Bitchū Kagura Mask

木彫
Wood Carving

素戔名男尊面
Mask of Susanoo no Mikoto

The left end column and the inscription on the back of the mask is the name of the artist, but I can't read it.

The name on the business card is Kake Tsutomu, the former president of Kake Educational Institution. This is just a coincidence, but his son Kake Kōtarō, the present president, is in the vortex of a political scandal of the prime minister Abe...
Opposition raises questions over private school operator headed by Abe friend - The Mainichi

Could you please help me translate this sentence:
"It would be nice if you visited my new page as well"
to japanese? Thank you in advance :)

Thank you!

If you wanted to be specific that it's a Twitter account, you could say:
新しいツイッターアカウントも見てもらえると嬉しいです
I think that's the way most Japanese would refer to it. Not a page.

アカウントを見る doesn't make much sense. アカウントページ or プロフィール should be used in that case.

I get why you say it doesn't make much sense, but I've heard it multiple times. Although more frequently: アカウントチェックしてください
アカウントページ sure makes more sense, but it's too long for Japanese, who love to shorten words. If you wanted to use slang, you could even shorten it to アカ or 垢.

Back
Top Bottom