What's new

Need help translating this shirt

Andressiin

Registered
10 Jan 2016
Hello,
I got this shirt as a gift from Japan and I'm wondering what does it say.
I guess it says something like Impossible is nothing because it is adidas but i'd like to make sure/know the pronunciation.
I tried using one of those apps that recognise characters through the camera but it didn't work.
12510652_1224893297528150_61580871_o.jpg
Thank you in advance.

Kanji recognition applications only really work on neatly printed characters. Highly stylized ones like these are completely hopeless :)

The characters are 一蓮托走, pronounced "ichirentakusou". It's probably a pun on the word 一蓮托生 (ichirentakushou) which means "sharing one's lot/fate with another", with the last character 生 (life) replaced by 走 (running).

As such a possible translation would be "running together, wherever fate may take us".

Last edited:
Kanji recognition applications only really work on neatly printed characters. Highly stylized ones like these are completely hopeless :)

The characters are 一蓮托走, pronounced "ichirentakusou". It's probably a pun on the word 一蓮托生 (ichirentakushou) which means "sharing one's lot/fate with another", with the last character 生 (life) replaced by 走 (running).

As such a possible translation would be "running together, wherever fate may take us".

Thank you very much :)

Back
Top Bottom