What's new

Need help with tenses

MitchellSan

Registered
29 Nov 2017
I'm trying to say "sushi was my favourite food because it was very delicious," and I'm not sure if it is すしがーばん好きだからとてもおいしかった。or if it is すしがーばん好きだっただからとてもおいしかった。
Any help would be appreciated :)

You have the order reversed. In English we say "<effect> because <reason>", but in Japanese it's "<reason>から<effect>." The result is that your sentences currently say "The sushi was delicious because I loved it", which doesn't make much sense.

As for the difference between the two tenses, おいしかったから is used for a specific past experience (e.g. the sushi I ate in Japan was delicious), and おいしいから is for its general taste you usually feel.

Would 'すしはとてもおいしかったからたべものの中ですしがーばん好きだった' make sense (out of all the food, sushi was my favourite because it was very delicious)

You don't need to repeat sushi twice.
Note that the past form 好きだった implies that you don't like it anymore.

If you mean "I hadn't liked sushi but became to like it after eating a delicious sushi" by "I didn't like it", you need to use another expression to explain it.

I knew something looked wrong. You're using the wrong thing for Ichi. 一: Ichi ー: lengthens the sound of the sound before it.

Back
Top Bottom