What's new

Need info on MEXT

clopez174

Registered
19 Sep 2015
Hi so I'm a recent H.S graduate and just started college. I was looking to transfer to another school and become and exchange student my second year there. (Meaning that I'd go to a partner school and finish my undergraduate term there). But I just discovered MEXT and now i'm just lost. I might sound stupid but I'm really confused on this. I went on several websites to try and find answers but I think it'll be better if i ask on here. So if anybody on here could answer this it'd be great!.

(MEXT ungergraduate student scholarship :Social Science)

1) If, hypothetically, I get the scholarship. What would be my status? An exchange student? College student?? Resident?

2) Would my degree count in america? Would my credits transfer??

3) How early would I have to prepare to study for the test/Should I take the JLPT?

4) Any tips to fluff up my profile to get a better change at the scholarship? I heard that the competition is crazy.

5)How early should I apply- Do i finish my associates and THEN apply or do i apply for the upcoming one?

6) Would it be better to do this instead of studying through an exchange program offered by a partner univ?

Info on me:

Graduated 1 year early
Speak Fluent Japanese (Can't read it as well)/ Spanish (Can read)
3.8 GPA top 5% of class in Highschool. I don't know about now, Since i JUST started college like a month ago.
Thank you so much for looking, I really need help.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom