What's new

New cultures?

a_hokama

15 Mar 2002
Hello!

There is a very interesting article about the Nikkei
culture in Peru.

Do you think the descendants of people of any country
can create a new culture, original of their own?

Please check this article and let me know your thoughts.
You can leave a message here, or you can e-mail me at
[email protected]

Thank you.

Re: New cultures? Identidad Nikkei

:japanese: La Cultura Nikkei existe al igual que la identidad Nikkei. Y eso nadie lo puede negar.

La identidad Nikkei es simplemente la Union de dos culturas la Japonesa y la de nuestros paises. Lamento que algunas personas traten de negar que la identidad nikkei no existe. Ser Nikkei es tener consigo las Costumbres los valores la tradicion,gusto (Musica, comida, eventos etc.) tanto de Japon como de nuestros paises es una mezcla de Valores y costumbre que tenemos dentro de nosotros "No comparto con las Opiniones de Catedratico Japones Toshio Yanagida que dice que los Nikkeis son simplemente Peruanos o Bolivianos con gustos Japoneses" ser Nikkei es mucho mas de tener solo gusto es un sentimiento el sentir o sentir algo indudablemente se convierte en una identidad pues nos identificamos con nuestras propias costumbres y valores. quisieran que leean lo que me escribio la Dra Emi kasamatsu que comparto 100% su punto de vista acerca de la identidad Nikkei:

Ser nikkei es igual a ser descendientes de japoneses nacidos en el exterior(ambos padres, un solo progenitor, abuelos, bisabuelos). A los japoneses les gustan mantenernos con el lazo sanguテュneo y cultural la unidad entre los japoneses y los nacidos fuera del paテュs. Asi nos denominaron los nisei, sansei y yonsei, etc.

Ser Nikkei es llevar consigo una identidad especテュfica por las siguientes razones:

a- Existe entre los nikkei una identificaciテウn y comunidad de aficciones , gustos, y apreciaciones que es facilmente observable.

b- En las Conveciones de la Asociaciテウn Panamericana Nikkei, somos los nikkei panamericanos, cuya caracterテュtica es: la mitad japonテゥs y la otra mitad perteneciente a nuetros respectivos `paises. Esta convenciones que se realizan cada dos aテアos, se desarrollan en un clima de confraternidad, de entendimiento mutuo con la caracteristicas peculiares de cada uno de los paises que hacen que nos diferenciemos y nos unamos cada vez mテ。s.

c- Como soy investigadora de inmigraciones japonesas y encontrテゥ desde nuestra テウptica panamericana diferencias de conceptos acerca del significado nikkei con los que viven en
el Japテウn. Los nikkei somos poseedores de dos culturas y nos sentimos enriquecidos por esa dualidad de identitad que se amalgamaron perfectamente. El mundo tiende a globalizar,
se estudia la pluriculturalidad, y la multiculturalidad como signo de una integraciテウn y quien pienza que el ser "Nikkei es no ser nada." Como decテュan los japoneses ni uno ni lo otro y que por lo tanto es un desperdicio.

d- Tenemos que dejarnos de lado los conceptos que ya estテ。n en desuso y mirar hacia la post modernidad, que empiecen a comprender y respetar al OTRO diferente que somos nosotros. Los japoneses tienen que aceptar que existe una potencial capital social entre los nikkei que es digno de destaque.

e- De la nada segテコn ellos, pasarテ。n a la valorizaciテウn de la categorテュa social nikkei que somos conocedores de idiosincracias de ambos paises y que favorecemos en las conecciones bilaterales, para los japoneses los nikkei son potenciales lazos de uniテウn sobre todo con Latinoamerica .

Personalmente me siento muy confortable y feliz de ser nikkei paraguaya. Y a la vez enriquecida por intermediaria de culturas que se interactuan.

Bueno Seiko haber si me traduces esto please

Zero

:chinese:

This is the translation of what Zero wrote :

The Nikkei Culture exists, as well as the Nikkei Identity
And that's a fact no one can deny.

The Nikkei identity is simply the union of two cultures : the Japanese culture and the culture of the country we were born. It's a pity that some people try to deny that the Nikkei identity does not exist. Being Nikkei is to have habits, values, tradition, tastes for music, cusine, events, etc. of both Japan and the country we were born, it's a mixture of values and habits we have inside us. "I do not share the opinions that Prof. Toshio Yanagida, who says that the Nikkei are simply Peruvians or Bolivians with Japanese preferences." Being Nikkei is much more than have a preference for the Japanese things, it's a feeling, a feeling of something that, without any doubt turns into an identity because we identify ourselves with our own habits and values.

I would like you to read something Dr. Emi Kasamatsu wrote me some time ago :

"Being Nikkei is the same as being descendants of Japanese born outside Japan (one or both parents, grandparents, great-grandparents). The Japanese like to maintain cultural and blood bonds between them and the people born abroad. This is why they denominate us "Nisei", "Sansei", "Yonsei", (second generation Japanese, third generation Japanese, fourth generation Japanese respectively) etc.

Being Nikkei is to have an original identity, specified by these reasons :

a. Between the Nikkei, there is an identity, a community of hobbies, tastes and appreciations that is easily recognizable.

b. At the Pan-American Nikkei Association meetings, it is us, the Nikkei from all the American continent whom characteristics are being half Japanese and half from the country we were born. These meetings are realized every two years in an ambient of brothership, mutual understanding, but also with the characteristics of the countries we belong that make us different, although make us more united.

c. I am an investigator about Japanese immigrations, and I found on our point of view some differences of concepts about the meaning of being Nikkei between us and the people who live in Japan. The Nikkei are posessors of two cultures and we feel enriched by that duality of identity that amalgamated perfectly. This world tends to globalize, multiculturality is studied as a way of integration and, who thinks that "being Nikkei is being anything" is a waste.

d. We have to leave aside the concepts that are not used anymore, and put an eye on post-modernity, to understand and respect people DIFFERENT than us. The Japanese must accept that there is a potential capital between the Nikkei that must be emphasized.

e. According to them, the social category the Nikkei are will be better, because we know idiosincracies from more than one country and we are able to improve bi-lateral connections, for the Japanese the Nikkei are potential bonds of union specially with Latinamerica.Personally I feel very comfortable and happy of being Paraguayan Nikkei. At the same time, enriched by the cultures that interact.

Zero

Back
Top Bottom