Newyork-Tokyo Music Festival on Memorial Day!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by scaturan, Apr 11, 2002.

1. scaturan

scaturan Kouhai

hi all,

just got the word from my IRC buddies. they hooked me up with the site, http://www.newyork-tokyo.com - supposedly, the website is for an upcoming japanese music festival in New York City in May (Memorial Day Weekend). this is the chance i have been waiting for!

i'll definately be there, since i live closeby NYC. wooooooohooo~~~~~~~~~

i HOPE and PRAY that The Brilliant Green will be one of its featured artists!

thanks,

steve caturan
    steve@lemolade.com

2. Twisted

Twisted That man in the corner

Yeah, I read about this in an article by Steve McClure in the Japantimes Online.

He mentioned Towa Tei, Ken Ishii and Mondo Grosso as performers there. Should be great. I would go there even if The Brilliant Green weren't performing there. :emoji_wink:

Peter

3. TomAsInfinity

TomAsInfinity Kouhai

Nothing like this in the UK *sniff*

4. Twisted

Twisted That man in the corner

No, not in The Netherlands either.

Luckily, every now and then some Japanese artists do come to Europe. A few months ago I went to an eX-Girl concert. A few weeks later Towa Tei visited Amsterdam for a DJ-set (which i missed :emoji_frowning2:).

Well, may 9 i will go to a Cornelius concert in Amsterdam. He will also perform in London that same week, so i recommend you to take a look, Tom. :emoji_smile:

And may 30 i will go to a concert of Mummy the Peepshow.

No big festivals, but if you stay informed you can get a healthy dose of JPop in your neighbourhood.

Hmm, this forum has a calendar. Perhaps it's a good idea to actually use it and pin down some dates of JPop-related events all around the world... If Thomas doesn't mind. :emoji_smile:

Peter

5. thomas

thomas Unswerving cyclist
    Admin

Sorry, Peter, I just stumbled across your msg; of course, I don't mind! Just post away! :emoji_smile: