1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overstayed went home after 5 years...

Discussion in 'Japan Practical' started by Zhadrock, May 12, 2018.

  1. Zhadrock

    Zhadrock Registered

    Good day everyone, I would like ask a question that I hope anyone can help out.

    Quick history, My dad overstayed(intentionally during the golden age). He got caught it`s been 10 years.
    Now... I have an engineer visa and I want to sponsor him to come stay with Or just visit japan.
    do I have to take any special step or just the regular procedure.d
  2. Mike Cash

    Mike Cash 骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう

    • Like Like x 1
  3. Zhadrock

    Zhadrock Registered

    Thanks @Mike Cash. I read the article you sent. I saw that I can first invite him as temporary visitor and then change his visa to special activity(given he meets the criteria).

    So i guess i need to guide him to get a temporary visa.
    I want to sponsor him because i think he has better chance to get approved.
    Coming from Philippines.
    He got deported.

    Thanks in advance.
    I need to know what are the things I need to to do to increase his chance of re entry here
  4. Glenski

    Glenski Just me

    If your father served his penance by being banned for 10 years, officially that's all over. He should be able to come and go like regular people now. I have no idea whether immigration has a flag on his name so they would scrutinize his comings and goings, but as long as he comes with normal circumstances, I would think he'd get in without any special stuff on your part or his.

    As for staying longer than a tourist, that's different.
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share this page