Samurai Monogatari - DVD

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ghevans, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ghevans

ghevans 後輩

Hi guys,

Shameless self-advertising here but I recently uploaded an official site for a short film I made last year in the UK. It's a samurai film using students from a local university - with details relating to the recently released dvd on the page.

I'm distributing this independently so refunding and re-shipping is likely to cripple me, so please be sure before you buy.

I have an initial pressing of 25 copies ready for dispatch (just testing the waters before i start buying all the materials in bulk).

Thanks,
    G.

http://www.randomfilms.co.uk/shop/samurai
    http://www.randomfilms.co.uk/samurai - official film site

(Invalid link removed) - Review

2. DVDaholic

DVDaholic 後輩

Good luck with the project. It must be fun to have a finished product and have something you are proud of, and can build on!

How long did it take you to make?

How long is the film?

3. ghevans

ghevans 後輩

We had about 3 days to shoot it all (most of the actors had to return to Japan shortly after filming) and then editing took the best part of 2 months. I financed it myself with the wages from my job - wound up costing a - meagre in terms of filmmaking / excessive in terms of personal wages ツ」1000.

The film runs for about 21 mins so we've added a few small extras to the dvd to pad it out a bit.

*2 Audio Commentaries
    *Behind The Scenes Featurette - Duel Sequence
    *Premiere At Chapter Featurette
    *Trailer
    *Stills Gallery (Behind The Scenes)

So technically - if i were to go down the HKL route of counting an audio commentary as an extra in terms of time then we have about 60mins worth (2 audio comms x 21' and the rest building up the other 20')

Cheers for your kind words about the project, it was a labour of love for sure - i guess the big fear you have when releasing a project like this is fan reaction - at the end of the day im a fan of this genre and love Japanese cinema but i know for sure i'd approach a film like this with some intrepidation as just a viewer. But so far we've had positive feedback.

4. DVDaholic

DVDaholic 後輩

Thanks for the information, and once again, good luck with it. :emoji_smile:

5. budd

budd 先輩

i might be interested in this. will keep an eye out for it. thanks for posting. peace

6. Lebowski602

Lebowski602 Registered

Where can I get this short film of yours Gareth? The website isn’t working & id love to own a copy! Please let me know. Thank you!

Lee

7. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
    Staff Member Admin

This is a case of "check the dates" , LOL. The original post is 13 years old and the original poster was last here 11 years ago. Wonder if he is still alive ?