What's new

Searching for private apartments in Tokyo

Can someone suggest me website for apartment search in Tokyo? I know there is already this article here:
Practical - Guest houses in Japan | Japan Forum but most rooms offered in this list are guest houses - I prefer private room equipped with kitchen and toilet.

Thanks

How are your Japanese skills? I ask because there are abundant online resources we can point you towards if you don't mind the info being in Japanese.

An outfit called "Sakura House" bombs me with ads on Facebook . Seems they deal with foreigners and have many types of offerings. I think they are on Google.

How long do you plan to stay? the typical lease was for 2 years when I lived in Japan.
At least 6 months.

How are your Japanese skills?
Bottom tier beginner.

An outfit called "Sakura House" bombs me with ads on Facebook . Seems they deal with foreigners and have many types of offerings. I think they are on Google.
I found the rents are not within reach of my monthly budget.

Real Estate Japan

Is an aggregate listing site in English.
Thanks, I will take a look at it.

Letting us know where you want to live and your budget would help. Rents can vary greatly in Tokyo, whether you are Eastside/Westside/Northside/ or in Saitama/Chiba/Kanagawa.
For six months plus, guesthouses, as you found are common.

Or there are short-term rentals available through companies like Leopalace Leopalace 21 rental apartments|Apartment information ofrented and monthly apartments
They offer service in other languages.
I lived in a couple of their apartments over a year period. It wasn't a bad experience.

Good luck.
J

I think you're stuck with guesthouses if it's only six months. The places I listed require 1 or 2 year minimum contracts and visas which are valid for at least 1 year.

Letting us know where you want to live and your budget would help.
I think it will be in north-central Tokyo, somewhere in the immediate east from Ikebukuro. As for budget, I would say it's fairly tight for an apartment - 70.000 JPY/month.

Or there are short-term rentals available through companies like Leopalace Leopalace 21 rental apartments|Apartment information ofrented and monthly apartments
Would you please explain briefly how the procedure to get a place via that website. A quick look in the site gives me the impression that I can customize my future room to meet my personal needs. So, there doesn't seem to be a fixed rent for a given room. Nevertheless, can you at least say the typical monthly rent in their apartments?

I think you're stuck with guesthouses if it's only six months. The places I listed require 1 or 2 year minimum contracts and visas which are valid for at least 1 year.
Actually, there is chance that I will switch lab (I am a student) 6 months after I enrolled in my university to Saitama, not too far away from Tokyo. Therefore, even if I am really going to move lab there it's still practical for me to stay in my initial place in Tokyo.

Actually, there is chance that I will switch lab (I am a student) 6 months after I enrolled in my university to Saitama, not too far away from Tokyo. Therefore, even if I am really going to move lab there it's still practical for me to stay in my initial place in Tokyo.

You'll still need to have the year visa at the outset to sign the lease. You'll also have to show proof of income.

Would you please explain briefly how the procedure to get a place via that website. A quick look in the site gives me the impression that I can customize my future room to meet my personal needs. So, there doesn't seem to be a fixed rent for a given room. Nevertheless, can you at least say the typical monthly rent in their apartments?
Easiest way is to contact them; they often deal with international students. They basically have small one room apartments with kitchenette, bathroom, often a loft space, usually furnished with TV, fridge, microwave, stovetop, aircon, and washing machine. They rent these on a variety of contracts, normal 2 year, monthly, and short term. The price differs, monthly and short term I believe include utilities and internet.

Central Tokyo price probably exceeds 70,000 JPY/month. That will be true with most apartments once you include other fees and utilities. Going toward Saitama out Tobu may be cheaper.

Again, contact them, they will know whether they can help you or not.

J

Back
Top Bottom