What's new

stop and smell the flowers

yellow cluster.jpg

This is the overall garden that this last set was taken in (from that nice red one on). Lots of the spidery ones.

Also, the fields are kind of the reverse angle from the flowers. There's a river to the right, and to the left (just above the road at the base of the trees) is a water channel carved into the hill that in the 1800s brought water from upstream into the castle and city. (And it's pretty easy to imagine some cyclists on the road!)

overall garden.jpg

back angle.jpg

My shadow there at the bottom next to the pole...

Last edited:
There's a river to the right, and to the left (just above the road at the base of the trees) is a water channel carved into the hill that in the 1800s brought water from upstream into the castle and city. (And it's pretty easy to imagine some cyclists on the road! My shadow there at the bottom next to the pole...

A bikeless shadow. I hope that will change soon, John.

There's a new camera in my life, a used but ほぼ新品 Fujifilm X-E2. This is with the standard kit lens, 18-55mm, zoomed to isolate the blooms in the second two. I also got a macro along with it, XF-60mm, and will be trying that out when time permits.

white green.jpg
lilly-a.jpg
lilly-b.jpg

Last edited:
Very beautiful! 👍 Your camera is supposed to have "the world's fastest autofocus", at least according to the manufacturer.

Very beautiful! 👍 Your camera is supposed to have "the world's fastest autofocus", at least according to the manufacturer.
Not sure, but probably BS. Read the reviews on dpreview.com and also amazon. This camera got a firmware upgrade last February or so, which improved a lot of its functions. In the states, they intro'd the upgraded version as the X-E2s, but here, "s" just means silver. They are the same camera, but just labelled/marketed differently.

One thing I need to check is if mine has had the firmware upgrade as of about 9-10 months ago. That's supposed to improve lots of things.

Fujifilm is weak in video, but I don't do that. Also relatively weak in capturing fast action sports, which I could be wanting to do, but not at the moment.

I really wanted the x-pro2, their top-of-the-line mirrorless. But that's another 10万 and you don't get a lens with it...! I'll play with this one for a while, and if I use it enough, and if I find that it doesn't do enough of what I want, I'll trade up.

Lots of detail, but not an especially perfect flower:
pinkish-yellow.jpg

A better version of the white one:
green-white.jpg

Abstraction/chaos:
pink-abstract.jpg

Rec'd a bouquet at tonight's graduation party--here they are "transplanted" into a vase on the kitchen counter.

(my toothbrush to the right...!)

These pictures are beautiful. I'll be going to Japan soon and this has made me want to buy a decent camera for my trip as opposed to just using my phone camera. If you don't do this professionally I would be extremely shocked.

Back
Top Bottom