The exam for Class 2-1 (1)

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
Dear native English speakers,
would you check my third exam?
3 下の文を読んで後の問いに答えなさい。36点
The [あ] "barrier-free" and "universal design" are about making places and products easier for elderly or disabled people to use. Do you know the difference (a) these two?

At the [い] of many public buildings, there are ramps as [う] as steps. They help people (b) have difficulty walking to [え] the building (c). At stations we find special floor blocks (d) help people with vision problems to walk safely along the platform. Both are good examples of a "barrier-free" [お]. They help people who are elderly or disabled.
"Universal design," on the [か] hand, is about (e) things that are easy (f) all people to use. A good example is the escalator. Large public buildings have always (g) stairs to [き] people to go up and down inside the building. (m)Some people, however, had difficulty using the stairs. When escalators were [く], it became [け] for everybody to go from one floor to another (h) ease. This was (i) example of "universal design."
It is the same with many modern restrooms. They have space for a person [こ] a wheelchair or a parent with a baby. There are [さ] for disabled people to hold, and there (j) a table on (k) a parent can [し] a baby's diaper.

The name "universal design" was introduced in the 1980s by an American [す], Ronald L. Mace. He himself used a wheelchair. (n)His idea was that places and things should be easy for everyone to use.
If you read his "Principles of Universal Design," you can understand more clearly his way of thinking. His basic idea was that things should be designed so that all people—young, old, disabled, not disabled—can use them. (l) addition, he thought that a design should be simple to understand. That means everyone should be able to use places or products [せ] without having experience, knowledge, or language [そ].

①[あ]~[そ]に入る語を下の選択肢から記号で一つずつ選びなさい。 15点
[ア] well [イ] possible [ウ] easily [エ] in [オ] rails [カ] ability [キ] introduced
[ク] other [ケ] front [コ] enter [サ] change [シ] allow [ス] environment
[セ] expressions [ソ] professor

My answers
[あ] セ [い] ケ [う] ア [え] コ [お] ス [か] ク [き] シ [く] キ
[け] イ [こ] エ [さ] オ [し] サ [す] ソ [せ] ウ [そ] カ

②(a)~(l)に入る語句をそれぞれ記号で選びなさい。 12点
(a)[ア] of [イ] from [ウ] between (b)[ア] who [イ] whose [ウ] whom
(c)[ア] easy [イ] easier [ウ] easily (d)[ア] who [イ] whom [ウ] that
(e)[ア] design [イ] designs [ウ] designing (f)[ア] of [イ] by [ウ] for
(g)[ア] have [イ] has [ウ] had (h)[ア] with [イ] in [ウ] by
(i)[ア] a [イ] an [ウ] the (j)[ア] is [イ] was [ウ] are
(k)[ア] that [イ] which [ウ] whom (l)[ア] On [イ] In [ウ] As

My answers
(a) ウ (b) ア (c) ウ (d) ウ (e) ウ (f) ウ
(g) ウ (h) ア (i) イ (j) ア (k) イ (l) イ

③問題文の内容に合っているものを記号で二つ選びなさい。 完全解答3点
(a) "Barrier-free" and "universal design" are exactly the same thing.
(b) The name "universal design" was introduced in 1980 by a person named Ronald L. Mace.
(c) Many modern rest rooms are designed for a person in wheelchair and a parent with a baby to use easily.
(d) Ronald L. Mace wrote "Principles of Universal Design".
(e) Floor blocks that you can often find at stations are for people with vision problems to walk easily.

My answer : (c) and (d)

④下線部(m)と(n)を日本語に訳しなさい。3×2 = 6点

(m)しかし、階段を使うのが難しい人もいた。/しかし、何人かの人々は階段を使うことが困難だった
(n)彼の考えは、場所や物がすべての人にとって使いやすくあるべきだということだった。/彼の考えは、場所や物が、だれにとっても使いやすい物であるべきだということだった。

Thanks in advance.
Hirashin

Back
Top Bottom