What's new

The first time you eat sushi

Sushi is very famous dish of Japan & when I taste it first time that was really delicious. That restaurant was one of the best restaurant in New York City & it completely served Japanese food. It's such a great experience.

I love sushi now, but the first time I tried it wasn't great! It was from the sandwich section of a chainstore - which I always avoid now, because it's dry, very low quality sushi.

Never tried it. I darn near starved in Japan. I would not eat fish , rice , very few vegetables. At home I lived on beef and potatoes, spaghetti and lots of junk food. The 2 years I lived in Japan , I ate most all of my meals on base or at American style hotel restaurants. I only weighed about 92 pounds when I left Japan because I often went without eating. After I married , my wife cured my poor eating habits so well , I now weigh close to 200 pounds , LOL. To be honest , to this day I still have not tried sushi though.

I've never been to Japan, but I've had my share of sushi. So far, the sushi I have had in the US is nowhere close to as good as the sushi here in Norway. Well, at least Charleston, South Carolina sushi is not close to as good as sushi in Norway :D

In Norway, it is always either Japanese or Vietnamese that are making the sushi. Excellent quality, proper portions, etc. Just had it yesterday!

If anyone wants to taste Sushi first time, then it must go to Japanese or Sushi restaurant, which specializes in Sushi food. So that he/she can have the original taste.

I ate sushi for the first time in germany and now I would say it was okay...ish but the first time I had sushi in my now favorite little sushi bar in Ueno it was a completely different experience. I never knew raw fish could just melt on your tongue like that. And even if the quality is not always as good I also love to have kaiten-sushi.
I miss it very much here in germany as it has just such a great taste in Japan but I have to say I'm still quite lucky as we have lots of great (original) japanese restaurants here.

The first time I ate sushi I was like "What's this cute little green paste? Let's eat it all". Needless to say, I ended up crying because of the wasabi. And even the sushi itself, I didn't like it that much. Now I eat it almost every week!

The first time I ate sushi I was like "What's this cute little green paste? Let's eat it all". Needless to say, I ended up crying because of the wasabi. And even the sushi itself, I didn't like it that much. Now I eat it almost every week!
Haha, that's hilarious! What a great first story!
It's funny how your opinion can change over time.

Back
Top Bottom