What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

I emailed the international student division and this was their reply: "It would be in August. We will send necessary documents once we hear from MEXT."
Wow thanks @erum1 for asking them about the documents.
You make us worry less :D
Although August seems pretty tight, I hope we shouldn't send anymore pledge/student ID form via airmail to Japan.

Wow thanks @erum1 for asking them about the documents.
You make us worry less :D
Although August seems pretty tight, I hope we shouldn't send anymore pledge/student ID form via airmail to Japan.
Hehe I just want everything to be done but I guess we'll have to wait.
I think we still would have to do those but the deadline would be extended. Idk just guessing :D

Hello @erum1 how you doing? Which dorm you've been assigned at? When will you depart?
I got Senzokuike House.
Hey @sampirili sorry for the late reply for some reason I dont get emails from jref anymore.
I just checked senzokuike house rent is quite expensive.
Anyways I got umegaoka dorm. Did you get your e-ticket yet?

Well yay for me i guess. I finally got accepted by a professor. Is anybody else applying to IGP A this november?

Hey guys. I'm applying to Titech's IGP C for this April. So....I was told I need to find an adviser and gain his consent before sending the application.

I found a lab/professor which was doing stuff pretty similar to my undergrad research (computer science - program analysis and software eng) and sent him a long email. Unfortunately, he didn't reply in the past 3 weeks. No biggie, I figure, he's probably busy and send him a reminder...no response again (though I know he read both my emails I use Gmail for Business which has tracking lol).

So the deadline is getting near (October 31) and I'm stressing out a bit waiting for him. Perhaps I should start approaching another professor? I didn't do so earlier as I felt that it might be rude to approach another professor before getting a rejection from this one. But...I can't wait forever. :/

Maybe there's something wrong with my emails that's causing him to not reply? I sent him basically the following thing:

Dear Dr. XYZ
I'm writing to you as a prospective international masters student applying for blah blah blah. [intro para]

[one paragraph showing I've browsed the professors research and the labs projects etc.]

[info about myself and research background - main undergrad project]

[info about another research project]

[brief summary of more projects]

[enthusiasm to learn japanese]

[reiterating that I think I'd be a good fit for Titech, the lab and grad school in general]
Regards
SaitKraken

At the time I felt it was pretty good. However, I didn't add my transcript (somewhat low gpa - no need to shove it their face), degree (I hadn't received it by then) or a research proposal (I'm not sure what to write here? I thought the professor would help me write it after selecting me). So yeah now I'm not so sure anymore.

Any advice guys? Should I email another professor at this stage? Also, should I add a 'research proposal'? If so, what should I include? I mean I don't really know the details of what I'll end up researching right?

P.s. If someone could send me their research proposal (as a private message if you don't want to send it publicly) I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

Well yay for me i guess. I finally got accepted by a professor. Is anybody else applying to IGP A this november?
HI John Doe,

I am also applying for the IGP A this november. How is your application going?

I have yet to send my application. I am still completing my documents and my main problem is the application fee which is 30,000 JPY.

Hi everyone, care to enlighten us on the application fee? For 2018, there is an application fee and according to my sources, there is no application fee before :( And I am really worried if I can get a scholarship since I will be risking a lot for this.

Hope someone can help us. Thanks!

HI John Doe,

I have yet to send my application. I am still completing my documents and my main problem is the application fee which is 30,000 JPY.

Hi everyone, care to enlighten us on the application fee? For 2018, there is an application fee and according to my sources, there is no application fee before :( And I am really worried if I can get a scholarship since I will be risking a lot for this.

HI John Doe,

Hi everyone, care to enlighten us on the application fee? For 2018, there is an application fee and according to my sources, there is no application fee before :emoji_frowning2: And I am really worried if I can get a scholarship since I will be risking a lot for this.

Hey. I'm applying for IGP A too. As far as I know, the 30,000 Yen fees was always there.

I guess scholarship depends on profile, but theres really no guarantee as apparently scholarship slots per university have been decreased lately. It really depends on your profile though, if you're a high GPA student with stellar grades and good undergraduate research then you certainly have a good chance :).

I haven't completed my documents either. Still need to get my Dean's recommendation etc. plus fill out the form.

Good luck guys!

Hey. I'm applying for IGP A too. As far as I know, the 30,000 Yen fees was always there.

I guess scholarship depends on profile, but theres really no guarantee as apparently scholarship slots per university have been decreased lately. It really depends on your profile though, if you're a high GPA student with stellar grades and good undergraduate research then you certainly have a good chance 🙂:.

I haven't completed my documents either. Still need to get my Dean's recommendation etc. plus fill out the form.

Good luck guys!

Hi @SaitKraken! Thank you for your reply. Regarding the application fee: Ahh. so there is no way that that fee could be waived? According to a friend who is already in Japan, he did not pay any amount for his application. And I think that was on IGP A on 2016. Have you find a supervisor already? I'm applying at the department of material science and engineering. May I know the program/department/major you are going to apply.

I'm really excited about this. Although the application fee is a buzz kill, I hope we all get accepted! haha

And are you familiar with process after we submit all the documents? Deadline is on December 12, right?
Thanks a lot!

Hi @SaitKraken! Thank you for your reply. Regarding the application fee: Ahh. so there is no way that that fee could be waived? According to a friend who is already in Japan, he did not pay any amount for his application. And I think that was on IGP A on 2016. Have you find a supervisor already? I'm applying at the department of material science and engineering. May I know the program/department/major you are going to apply.

I'm really excited about this. Although the application fee is a buzz kill, I hope we all get accepted! haha.

And are you familiar with process after we submit all the documents? Deadline is on December 12, right?
Thanks a lot!

Hey
As far as I know, only those who have already been awarded scholarship from embassies, and now applying to universities are exempt from the application fee. I actually inquired about the possibility of a fee waiver but was informed that it wasn't possible...

Yeah I've found a supervisor in the Computer Science/Electrical Engineering dept. Have you found one? The deadline is by the 12th of December, though I was asked to send all documents to the department earlier too. I think it will be followed by two interviews, one informal one with the department and another more formal one. We will probably receive the decisions by mid March, though I guess the professors can tell you before hand too :p.

Yeah I hope we all get accepted too haha. Fingers crossed.

Hey
As far as I know, only those who have already been awarded scholarship from embassies, and now applying to universities are exempt from the application fee. I actually inquired about the possibility of a fee waiver but was informed that it wasn't possible...

Yeah I've found a supervisor in the Computer Science/Electrical Engineering dept. Have you found one? The deadline is by the 12th of December, though I was asked to send all documents to the department earlier too. I think it will be followed by two interviews, one informal one with the department and another more formal one. We will probably receive the decisions by mid March, though I guess the professors can tell you before hand too :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Yeah I hope we all get accepted too haha. Fingers crossed.
hello again, yes! i already have an adviser who helps me with my application. we also have the same case of waiting for the recommendation for the dean.

Let's update each other after we submit all the requirements.

Btw, how many evaluation sheets do you have from your previous supervisors?

Thanks!

My application arrived a week ago, thankfully it seems that everything is in order, save for the ETS score reports which are supposed to arrive soon.

Those 30000 yen were a pain in the butt, had to give up some of my savings.

I still have a interview left with the department of transdisciplinary science and engineering. Hopefully we all will get good news.

My application arrived a week ago, thankfully it seems that everything is in order, save for the ETS score reports which are supposed to arrive soon.

Those 30000 yen were a pain in the butt, had to give up some of my savings.

I still have a interview left with the department of transdisciplinary science and engineering. Hopefully we all will get good news.

That's good to hear. I'm still waiting for my other documents to arrive. My dean still out of the country for some conferences. But hopefully could submit the requirements within the week.

May I ask @John Doe, did your adviser tell that you are still going to be interviewed by the department? Or was it the admission committee? Thanks!

@toogie
My advisor told me the interview would be held with 3 professors, if i recall correctly the head of the department, someone from admissions division and he himself.

Then again when everything is said and done i think the most important thing about the interview is just to live up to whats on the documents we turned in. My GPA could be higher but i think i will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom