What's new

Valentina from Tokyo!

momonoki

後輩
23 Jan 2018
Hello everybody!
I'm new to this forum, which I found just today.
My name is Valentina and I have been living in Japan since 2014. I work in a Japanese architectural firm here in Tokyo, while commuting from Yokohama area.
Yesterday we had a heavy snowfall, but fortunately, I didn't have many troubles with transportation. I'm originated from Rome, so I'm not really used to snow :)
This is a pic of my house during last night!

See you soon somewhere in the forum!
Bye Bye!

Attachments

• IMG_7745.JPG
    IMG_7745.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to the forum, Valentina. I commute in the same area, but wasn't so fortunate yesterday!

Nice to have you on board! :)

Thank you Thomas!
Oh really? That's bad. Maybe because of the time...
At my office around 15:00, everybody was told to leave as soon as possible or it would be difficult to come back home by train.

Glad you found us Momonoki , sounds like you have an interesting job. I smile when I think of a small snow storm causing so much trouble. Here in Maine where I live , we usually get 178 centimeters of snow each year. Welcome !

Thank you Unclefrank! Yes, I guess it would sound hilarious for people used to "real" snowfall! Probably in your country, I would go hibernate for a while :emoji_grin:

Yes, the job is rather interesting. The firm deals with the design and renewal of infrastructures, mainly train stations by JR, Metro, Soutetsu, Tokyu and airports.
The not interesting part is that it's an old-style Japanese company with 0 foreigners, except me.
Of course, I got used to this kind of "cold" working atmosphere, but because I'm still (hope so) young, 31, I'm considering, for the future, to move to a more international style architectural firm.
Be totally immersed 100% of the time (work, home, outside) in a Japanese environment let me feel a bit trapped.

Be totally immersed 100% of the time (work, home, outside) in a Japanese environment let me feel a bit trapped.
At least in Yokohama area there are many opportunities to get away from Japanese environment -- meet other gaikokujin -- if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom