What's new

Article Visiting a Japanese garden

Artie

Registered
Contributor
16 Aug 2018
Artie submitted a new Article:

Visiting a Japanese garden

Japanese gardens are widely known for a particular design following a unique aesthetic and philosophical concept. Tokyo hosts several of these gardens to be visited and enjoyed not just by garden fanatics but also by the ordinary tourist to encounter a new garden design as well as the regular visitor in search of contemplation and relaxation.

full

Japanese gardens are sometimes compared to the English garden. There are indeed some similar features such as interesting hills providing several perspectives as well as asymmetries in the garden elements. This produces the impression as if the garden was bigger than it is and creates variegated spaces. In this regard, both the English and the Japanese garden differ from the French garden with its clear-cut industrial arrangements. On the other hand, Japanese gardens consist of elements rarely found in the English garden such as rocks, stone lanterns and what connoisseurs of...

Read more about this article here...

I'm almost 69 years old and in all of my lifetime , I have never seen anything as so beautiful as a Japanese garden I visited on Kyushu in 1971. I don't remember the name or location , but I will never forget the beauty there.

Hi
Very nive post indeed.
I used to believe english gardens and parks were the best like St James' park in London.
In japenese parks and gardens it's a different feeling.
One is overwelmed by the culture and the long history behind it like the use of volcanic rocks as elements of landscaping.
It's a denting experience.

My second year in Japan was great because I had tons of leave/vacation time off from the Navy. Then for my good fortune , my Japanese girlfriend at the time happen to be very well off. Back then , Yen was one US dollar equaled 370 Yen , so I had plenty of money. We traveled all over Kyushu to so many places I lost count. Now , after almost 50 years later , all the details and names have faded. I have about 2000 old color slides stored in the cellar from my time in Japan. I just bought a converter to be able to load them on DVD's. It's due to arrive tomorrow and I hope to get started on downloading the slides soon.

I have about 2000 old color slides stored in the cellar from my time in Japan. I just bought a converter to be able to load them on DVD's. It's due to arrive tomorrow and I hope to get started on downloading the slides soon.

That sounds like a potential tsunami of gallery uploads! ;)

Enjoy your trip into the past.

Back
Top Bottom