Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Yakitori

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Tonkatsu

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Nikujaga

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
Ahhhh....Japanese food. I must say that my Japanese food favorites can really depend on the season. In the winter, nothing makes me feel better than a nice steaming bowl of miso Ramen. I like the cold soba noodles in the summer. But there are lots of great Japanse foods: takoyaki, soumen, shabu shabu, okonomiyaki. I like them all. But I have a soft spot for ramen...it's just so good!

What? no shabu shabu?! lol...my favourite is shabu shabu Beef....yum yum! heres some delicious recipes that I found to try too, not sure if I'm allowed to put a web address in here but here goes!
bit.ly/japaneserecipes (add 3 w's in front!)

well I do not have a favourite japan food as I love many, nikujaga is wonderful, tonkatsu is the one in my house we eat most, white rice have nearly substitute our pasta at home ^_^ shahbu shabu I eat when I was in Japan, sushi also we eat much my baby is crazy about gyoza and sake sushi with shoyu HAHA and white rice also, gyoza I also like expecially filled with meat ^^

👍😌👍😌

Shinbashi Sushi

The best sushi that I have tried is in Shinbashi, Tokyo.
Right under the railroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love sushi esp the one in Shinbashi (under the railway track).
Although many said that Tsukiji Market is good, i still love the Shinbashi one better.

I was torn between Sushi, Ramen, Gyoza and Yakitori but in the end, I chose Ramen :)

My actual favourite food is Teriyaki Sirloin beef and rice, the one we get at a Japanese restaurant in Edinburgh makes my mouth water just thinking about it :)

i like most of these, i do love yakitori, gyoza, tempura etc a lot, sushi is nice, but not favourite, i can quite happily eat it, but i prefer hot things like noodles, yakitori and the like

I think for now, my favourite is Ramen, although tonkatsu is a close second. I still have to find the best ramen in my country, I've tried a lot and I look forward to eating more bowls :) My favourite in Japan is the ramen from an unknown stall near Asakusa.

Time for another poll! :)

I'm wondering what's your favorite Japanese food. I have listed a few popular dishes; I admit I love all of them. Some of them, such as sushi and sashimi, I can never grow tired of.

Is there anything you can't stand? Or - shame on me! - have I forgotten your most favorite food? Just holler.

The poll options are:

Sushi/sashimi: obvious
Sukiyaki: vegetables, tofu and beef cooked ina pot, dipped in a raw egg
Okonomiyaki: pancake with a variety of ingredients and toppings
Udon/zoba: Japanese noodles, endless local varieties
Tempura (tendon): seafood, vegetables and other things deep fried in Tempura batter
Ramen/somen: another variety of Japanese noodles (somen are usually eaten cold in summer)
Donburi: bowl of rice with different toppings
Gyoza: dumplings of Chinese origin
Shabu shabu: Japanese meat fondue
Yakitori: grilled chicken skewers

I'm really passionate of japanese food but more yakimori and sushi. Oh god i think i could eat it like every day.

Back
Top Bottom