What's new

which course of studies take to take for eventually working in japan

naiko

Registered
16 Aug 2016
im beginning university in september,my first year.
Depending on the points i do i might enter: nursing,radiology technician and dental hygenist.

I'm a woman,italian/russian fluent in italian and english mostly.
I was thinking to do 1 year of university in japan to also start studying japanese but i wonder,are any of the works listed worth to do in japan? because i heard that nurses for example are bad seen in japan and get low salaries (which converted in euro are still double the salary i would get in italy)
so yea,any advice is welcome:)

You would need to pass the necessary licensing requirements in Japanese. If you haven't even started learning Japanese yet, it is unrealistic to expect that you could both complete your professional studies and learn Japanese to a level that you could pass those exams by the time you graduate. None of those career fields are realistic options for you in Japan.

What Mike just said.
Nurses are well respected and any job is worth doing if you like it. Being qualified or not though is an entirely different issue. Those are the kind of fields you have virtually no chance of entering unless you're fluent in Japanese.

but quick question,what about studying in an english university in japan for a year? is it bearable?

what about studying in an english university in japan for a year? is it bearable?
Study what?
As for "bearable", that's a subjective question. Having visited here twice, you know a fraction of what it's like, but obviously you don't know what living and studying here would be like. What would be the point of studying for a year?

Do some cost-benefit analysis; if the university offers courses or a program that would be beneficial to you (and would prove to be a worthwhile return of investment), then I'd say it's worth it. If you have a career set ahead of you and you want to study in Japan, but that year wouldn't really help your education goals or career path, then I wouldn't recommend it.

If the goal is to just live in Japan for a while, there are a variety of ways to do that, but you probably won't be working (and especially not in your chosen profession), so be aware that it could be a very expensive decision.

If you want to work as a health care professional, your career opportunities in Japan are extremely limited.

If your priority is living in Japan, then you will need to choose a career field which will lead to that. You can check job recruitment sites listing jobs in Japan for foreign professionals, see if any of those career fields appeal to you, and then study for that career instead.

Notice that many (or even most) listings will mention a certain level of Japanese proficiency as a minimum requirement. The higher your Japanese level, the better your chances.

Back
Top Bottom